Monday, July 19, 2010

Week Two Reflection

After completing the assignment for week 2, I am now more in tuned to why action research is important to educators. The interviews with the scholars revealed that they have high value not only for data, but for research as well. I have noticed that our recent local professional development also aligns with this thought process. This tells me that we are in a new era of professional development that places high value on personal growth. I understand that many areas have already been researched, but we do not always take the time to review the information that is out there. I also understand that new problems will always make their way in to the educational field and that our own research may be helpful to more than ourselves. It is now clear to me that while I must make a decision for this class on a research topic, the reality is that I will develop the skills to undergo research on many topics through out my career. I can see that these skills could possibly spill over in to other areas of my life as well. In addition, I will have the opportunity to view other's research and conclusions that could benefit me, my staff, and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment